The Biggest Challenge Of Taiwan's Robot Industry Is These Three Key Technologies.

- Nov 14, 2018-

According to the Institute of Industrial Intelligence (MIC), the global industrial robot market is expected to grow by 16.4% from 2016 to 2021. If the Taiwanese robot industry wants to enter this market, the biggest challenge will be the "reducer". Technical breakthroughs in three key components such as "servo motor" and "controller".

Li Yiqing, an analyst at the MIC industry, said that the global population is gradually aging, labor costs are bound to increase, and factories will be transformed from automation to “smart and dynamic”. This is an inevitable trend in industrial development and also makes demand for industrial robots bullish and business opportunities. Can be expected. According to MIC data, the global industrial robot market has grown steadily. From 2002 to 2015, the average annual growth rate was 15.3%. It is estimated that global shipments will reach 340,000 units in 2017, 400,000 units in 2018, and 630,000 units in 2021. It is estimated that the compound annual growth rate will be 16.4% from 2016 to 2021. According to MIC research, 75% of the world's industrial robot market is concentrated in the five major countries such as the United States, Germany, China, South Korea and Japan, and Taiwan is ranked sixth. It is obvious that Asia has become a major industrial robot sales center. According to MIC statistics, the industrial robots produced in Taiwan are mainly exported. According to MIC statistics, the mainland accounts for 58% of the export market in Taiwan, followed by Germany and Israel (8%), Hong Kong and Singapore each account for 7%, South Korea and Japan. Share 3%. Li Yiqing emphasized that how to grab 75% of the main market of industrial robots and open up the remaining 25% of potential markets is the key to the success of Taiwan's robot industry. Li Yiqing believes that the biggest challenge for Taiwan's robot industry in the future is the technological breakthroughs of three key components such as "reducer", "servo motor" and "controller". The main reason is that even if the robot can be integrated, the whole machine can be shipped. As long as the cost of importing key components is high, it will affect the price competitiveness of the products.

Li Yiqing suggested that the Taiwanese robot industry should accumulate more experience in the process of manufacturing the whole machine and continue to develop the overall solution of the robot for the process requirements.


Previous:Friction Nanogenerators Are First Used In High Sensitivity Mass Spectrometers Next:Breaking Through The Bottleneck Of The Development Of Key Technologies In Chinese Robots